How Do I Connect My Microsoft Outlook/Live/Hotmail Account to SOUS to Send Menu’s & Invoices?
This article provides information on what to expect from the Microsoft team to verify your activity during the connection process to your Outlook/Hotmail account.
- Navigate to the My Account page in SOUS (Accessed via the profile dropdown)
- Click Connected Apps
This is also applicable to Live and Hotmail Users
- Enter your Display Name, Email address & Password.
- Click Save
- Click Send Test Email
- Enter an email address & click Send. This action will trigger an approval request in the form of an email with subject "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity"
- Open the and Click on the Review recent activity button or follow the the instruction presented in the communication email to approve the Signin activity.
- Click on This was me to verify your activity.
Verification can take 10-15 minutes to reflect in Microsoft's Servers.
Seeing the protocol as SMTP and the location being India is normal as we have servers located globally.
After 10 to 15 minutes you can return to SOUS & do another Send a Test Email as metioned in step 6 to ensure it is successful.
If you are still unable to connect your account and send a successful test email please contact support by submitting a help ticket.