To connect your Bluehost account to SOUS, please follow the below steps.
- Navigate to Settings page in SOUS by clicking profile icon at the top right corner of screen.
- Select Connect Email Account.
- Click Email Service Dropdown and choose Other
- Update the Servername field with box5351.bluehost.com
- Update Port field with 587
- Follow the steps until you enter your email address and password.
- Click Next
- Send a Test Email to confirm it is working.
- Click Done.
Bluehost has steps on their site that may instruct you to enter 'mail.yourcustomdomain.com' as the "outgoing server" along with port 465.
After communicating directly with Bluehost Support we found that they have a few "alternate" server names that can be used. Using the common name for Bluehost's email server, box5351.bluehost.com, is better for SSL/TLS certificates as it's configured for everyone with Bluehost.
SOUS uses the latest versions of TLS (Transport Layer Security), an encryption protocol that protects internet communications. While Port 465 support SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), Port 587 supports TLS, which is the latest in end-to-end security for internet communications.